LHSD COVID-19 Update, 11.16.2020
November 16, 2020
Dear School Community,
Logan Hocking School District is committed to the safety and health of our students and staff. We want to inform you that we have recently received information about at least one confirmed case of COVID-19 in a student or staff person at Chieftain Elementary and Logan Hocking Middle School. Cleaning and disinfecting of the exposed locations has been completed.
Chieftain Elementary and Logan Hocking Middle School will remain open at this time. We are working closely with the Hocking County Health Department and anyone identified as a close contact will be notified by the health department as a part of COVID-19 investigation.
How You Can Help:
Be proactive about reducing the number of interactions that students and staff have with one another by practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart) to limit the spread of COVID-19. In addition to physical distancing, these important tools help to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Wear a mask or face covering while in public places or if people who don’t live with you must visit your home.
· Avoid unnecessary gatherings with people who don’t live in your home.
· Avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sing the Happy Birthday song twice to help know when it has been 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
· Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and wash your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands, to cover coughs and sneezes. If you are experiencing cough or congestion, consider staying home and seeking medical care.
· Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends cleaning of frequently touched surfaces with household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions. A simple bleach solution may also be utilized.
If you have any questions, contact the Logan Hocking Board of Education office at 740-385-8517 or the Hocking County Health Department at 740-385-3030. Thank you for helping to keep people safe and to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community and school.
For answers to your COVID-19 questions, call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634) or visit coronavirus.ohio.gov.
Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. If you or a loved one are experiencing anxiety related to the coronavirus pandemic, help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call the COVID-19 CareLine at 1-800-720-9616.
Superintendent Logan Hocking Schools