Remote Learning Information for Parents
Logan High School
Submitted by: Courtney Snipes
We will begin remote learning on Monday, November 23. We will return to the building on Monday, December 7, to resume our regular in-person schedule. Your child has been practicing for remote learning this past week. They know the schedule and expectations.
Please pay attention to the following:
● Attendance will be taken every period using the attendance google form for each class. Your child has practiced completing this form for every class.
● Students must log on for live google meet sessions every period except lunch and study hall.
● The live google meet sessions will vary from teacher to teacher but may include introducing the lesson, interactive activities, feedback from completed work, class discussions, and instruction needed to understand assigned work.
● Students must log on for a live google meet session for Study Skills and Academic Coaching.
● Students have access to all learning materials through Google Classroom.
● Teachers invited parents to join Google Classroom at the beginning of the year. If you have not joined, please reach out to your child’s teachers for an invite if you would like to join.
● The afternoon from 1:00-2:35 is time for teachers to provide extra support. Teachers can meet with individual and small groups of students. Teachers will also be reaching out to parents if their child is not attending the live google meet sessions during this time.
● Grades and attendance will continue to be recorded in Infinite Campus.
● Please check your child’s attendance daily in Infinite Campus to monitor remote attendance.
● Hot spots have been issued to students who indicated that they do not have the internet at home. These hotspots will only work on the students’ school devices.
● Students have downloaded the Google Classroom app on their phone to help with connectivity.
● The After School program at the Chieftain Center will be providing virtual tutoring sessions for students who need help from 3:00-6:00 pm. Please email email@example.com for a tutoring session. Please take advantage of this opportunity.
We look forward to continuing to teach your child during this time of remote learning. Your child’s teachers have planned lessons to continue with new learning and instruction.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s teachers or administration.
blog comments powered by Disqus